Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Office 2010 CTP compatibility with Nokia PC Suite and Visual Studio 2008

I use the Nokia PC Sync feature to get my handphone calendar and Outlook calendar in sync.

A clean install of Windows 7 Professional, Office 2010 64-bit edition and Nokia PC Suite 7.1.30.9 didn’t work out well—the PC Sync could not detect Outlook and thus cannot synchronize.

Apparently, Nokia PC Sync can only detect the 32-bit version of Office 2010. So I uninstalled the 64-bit version and installed the 32-bit version and everything works fine.

Then I installed Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite. It hung when I load up the designer for WebForms. Editing the ASPX file is OK though.

The solution I found was to reinstall

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Setup.exe

There are incompatible programs that I have not found a solution to. Office Live Workspace Addin cannot be installed and Acrobat Professional Addin needs to be disabled or it crashes Office. Please comment if you have the solution. Thanks!

No comments: